Global Mapper v25.0

Calculate Attribute in v14.1

M_Gotham
M_Gotham Global Mapper User
edited March 2013 in Technical Support
I am trying to create a new attribute for a NGVD'29 elevation from some LiDAR data that is in NAVD'88. I just upgraded to Global Mapper v14.1. In version 14 when I choose the CALC ATTR command for a LAS file, I could choose one of the existing attributes (in my case I want to use the existing elevation) to use as the basis of the calculation from which I would add/subtract the difference between the two datums, but in the new version my choices for Source Attribute are: <Feature Name>, <Feature Description>, <Feature Layer Name>, <Feature Type>, & <Index in Layer>. Am I doing something wrong or did version 14.1 change the CALC ATTR command?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2013
    In v14.1 Lidar point clouds were changed to their own special type that is much more space efficient so you can load billions of points, but to do that the ability to have generic attribute sets for the Lidar points went away. Lidar points now have a specific set of predefined attributes.

If you need full access to attributes, you can export the LAS file to a CSV file, then load that back in as 'Point Only' using File->Open Generic ASCII Text File. Then each point will be a full point feature and not just a point cloud point, so you can run CALC ATTR on it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/
  • M_Gotham
    M_Gotham Global Mapper User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks that worked.