Global Mapper v25.0

Contour Line Colors Based on Elevation

JustinK
JustinK Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2012 in Vector Data
Mike,

I want to create 1 foot contours. Every contour that ends in 1 (1',11',21',31' etc) is green. Every contour ending in 2 (2',12',22'...) is blue etc. So every 10 feet, you will see repeating lines of color. How do I do this?

Also, is there a way to automatically do this using a shader?

Thanks,

Justin

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2012
    Justin,

If you were generating contour lines from terrain you can specify the interval for Minor Contours as 2 and also the Major Contours as 2, which means you will have alternating base and Minor Contour lines. You can setup the style for the different types on the Line Styles tab of the Configuration dialog and then they will color how you want.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • JustinK
    JustinK Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2012
    Mike,

Ok, is there a way to make 1'-10' all to be different colors. Also 11'-20' where 11' is the same as 1', 12' is the same color as 2', for the entire range of loaded elevation values.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2012
    Ah that is slightly different. To do that generate the 1' contours normally, then go to the Line Styles tab of the Options dialog for the layer. There select to use attribute-based styles, then you will add 10 separate style definitions with the colors that you want. The names you will match against are '*0 *', '*1 *', ..., '*9 *'. This will allow you to set the line style to use for each value of contour line ending in 0, 1, ... 9.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • JustinK
    JustinK Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2012
    Perfect! That is exactly what I want.

Thanks