Global Mapper v25.0

path profiles

NickH
NickH Global Mapper User
edited September 2012 in Technical Support
Hi there,
I'm wanting to generate a path profile along a line, a circle in this case. I want to get a height 3 times every degree (i.e take measurements at 1080 points around the circle). When I generate the path profile, a path profile/line of site box pops up, when I go to options - specifiy sample count/spacing options and punch in 1080 in the sample count box and then go file - save CSV file, when I have a look at the CSV file, I actually have 1089 data points, not 1080. Is there a reason for this and is there a way to make sure I onlt get the 1080 points I need?
Kind regards
Nick Houghton

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2012
    Nick,

How many points did your original circle path that you created the line around have to start with. You are likely getting 1080 evenly spaced points around the line in addition to the original vertices of the line, 9 of which likely didn't coincide with the evenly spaced points.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • NickH
    NickH Global Mapper User
    edited September 2012
    Hi Mike,

I imported a DXF of the circles created in another program (it uses an Autocad base). There must be some native points it draws in there as when I draw a circle in Global Mapper and get it to plot the 1080 points, it generates only 1080 points, so it appears you are correct.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers

Nick