Global Mapper v25.0

Erdas IMG Export extremly slow when using Scripting

PeterDrexel
PeterDrexel Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited July 2012 in Bug Report
Mike,
(GM13.2 64 Bit)
I am processing Lidar-Pointdata to a regular Grid and want to save it to a Erdas IMG 32bit-Eelvation-Grid using a Script.
It works, but it is a least 10 times slower if I use a Script compared to do it directly (no Script) in Globalmapper.

I was able to break the problem down to a small part of the Script, it seems that writing out the elevation data via Script is very slow.

Find atached in the zip-File 2 files (in.img and gms.gms). Simply copy them into one Folder and run the Script. It will just read the in.img and write out an out.img-File - taking 30 Seconds on my computer.
If I open the in.img directly in GM and use FILE - EXPORT Elevation-Grid - ERDAS it only takes 3 seconds to write the 32bit-IMG-File out. Also I am not able to create "exactly" the same file (Filessize) using File - Export regardless if I choose to create a Compressed File or if I add Overview Layes.
Thanks
Peter

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2012
    Peter,

The "fill gaps" option is enabled by default in a script. Add FILL_GAPS=NO to your EXPORT_ELEVATION script command and you should get much better performance and identical results.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • PeterDrexel
    PeterDrexel Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2012
    Mike,
    works perfect, I must have been blind not to see that in the reference,
    Thanks
    Peter