Global Mapper v25.0

Problems exporting raster KMZ

jdh5259
jdh5259 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited June 2012 in Technical Support
The last two exports of the DNC vector data to a raster KMZ have failed. Everything has been working great up until I changed my spatial resolution to a smaller value so that I could zoom in further on my tiles. Now, it goes through the entire export process, which took longer than a day or two this last time (not sure the exact time it finished), and then fails with a warning at the end that says:

Exporting raster data to file c:/file_path...
WARNING: Unable to add image file to KMZ file.
KMLOverlay.cpp - 1649
Version: v13.2.0 (32-bit)
Build Time: May 31 2012 23:54:50

This has happened to me twice this last week. The exports work fine when the level of detail is lower but whenever I try to increase it, it just doesn't seem to work. Do you have any clue how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2012
    How large are your KMZ files getting? If they are getting so large that they are getting into GB of size you may be hitting limits on how large a KMZ file can be. If you export to KML rather than KMZ does that work ok?

Since your input are vector DNC files, can you try export to a vector KMZ using File->Export Vector Data rather than raster? That shouldn't have any of the size issues that a raster would.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • jdh5259
    jdh5259 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited June 2012
    I didn't think they were getting that big but I guess they must be based on the amount of time it was taking to export. I will try to export just a KML and see how it works.

Thanks for the help.
  • jdh5259
    edited June 2012
    Is there any way to force the export from the script to export just as the KML and not a KMZ? It appears to always try to export as a KMZ. I unchecked the box from the interface thinking that it might transfer over when using the script like some other properties do but that wasn't the case.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2012
    If you just make the filename .kml rather than .kmz that should just generate a KML file instead of KMZ.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • jdh5259
    edited June 2012
    Wow. Can't believe I overlooked that. Thanks for the help.