Global Mapper v25.0

feature type library

energy
energy Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2012 in Technical Support
Hi
before starting a new project in GM can I create personally feature type-symbol in folder or library?
thanks...

Comments

• energy
    energy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2012
    Do not have nobody to answer?
    energy wrote: »
    Hi
    before starting a new project in GM can I create personally feature type-symbol in folder or library?
    thanks...
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2012
    This same thread was posted about 10 times yesterday. I responded to one of them and deleted the rest, so perhaps the response was lost.

Basically I said that if you have a bunch of symbols in a folder, you can add all of those on the Point Styles tab of the Configuration dialog using the 'Add Custom Symbol' button. You can select all of the files at once and have the symbol name automatically assigned from the filename. Then use those symbols with any loaded data.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • energy
    edited April 2012
    Mike , I see your answer now, I dont mean "add custom symbol" , I created my symbols in GM, not external.for exemple, I have 5 point symbol types,6 line types and 12 area types they are created in configuration -point-line-area types. apart from my symbols there are several symbols which not work for me suc as "adres label......"wreck" ,when I open the style type(point, line,area) I'd like to see only my symbol list.I think may be I do using right click on configuration-styles board(save style for file) but is it copied all type or one by one type? if it is all list I should delete apart from my symbols, so I must know where are the feature type files in GM.if I know the files ,I should copy the files and then I'll delete all symbol type except for my symbols.

Thanks....
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2012
    If you use the filter settings on the Vector Display tab of the Configuration dialog to turn off all of those types that you don't want to use, then when you create new features or edit existing ones the types that you have turned off should not be shown in the type selection box.

You can save a list of types/styles from the Styles tab of the Configuration dialog by right-click on the type list, but this can just be used to copy over styles and also custom types from one machine to another, not for removing any types that are already there.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • energy
    edited April 2012
    Thanks mike ,I love GM and also enjoy day by day
  • wmiswm
    wmiswm Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2012
    hi, I tried to add the png of below to the "Add custom fill pattern" in the Area Styles menu but without success. Am I doing anything wrong?

寮蓋.png

Also, can I add in custom Drawing Style of the Line Styles?
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2012
    Are you getting an error or some kind trying to add the PNG as a custom fill style?

There is not currently any support for custom line drawing styles, you can only choose from the built-in collection of line styles.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • wmiswm
    edited April 2012
    the result is just a blank space, with no filling and no color. Would you mind just to try by yourself?
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2012
    There is a problem with the Unicode filename on my machine. If you rename the file to have just English characters in the filename before adding it as a custom style it should work, at least it does for me in v13.1.3.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • wmiswm
    edited April 2012
    Excellent, it works now. It is only the unicode filename not working. I find that unicode can work in the GM Area Type description.
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2012
    Global Mapper is not a fully Unicode-enabled application yet, so there are a lot of limitations working with Unicode. Hopefully sometime soon we will switch Global Mapper to a true Unicode application and problems like this will go away.

Thanks,

Mike