Global Mapper v25.0

Global Mapper v13 on Linux

RobertR
RobertR GlobalMapper Fan!Trusted User
edited April 2012 in Technical Support
Hello all,

I will have to change soon from Windows OS to Linux and I was wondering if the GM software will work in the Linux environment.

I saw a few forum posts but it is unclear to me if it will work or not. I am using GlobalMapper everyday so I really have to make this work in some way or the other.

Thank you all for the great support,

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2012
    While there is not a native Linux version of Global Mapper, several users have reported success running GM on Linux under WINE (windows emulation).

Thanks,

Mike
  • RobertR
    RobertR GlobalMapper Fan! Trusted User
    edited April 2012
    While there is not a native Linux version of Global Mapper, several users have reported success running GM on Linux under WINE (windows emulation).

Thanks,

Mike

Thank you,
  • kabeck
    kabeck Global Mapper User
    edited April 2012
    I would also buy for Linux as well !!! Just a vote if anyone is listening !!!
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2012
    Now we only need about 5,000 more native Linux users that don't want to run under WINE to make a native version worthwhile :)

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • DC Kelley
    DC Kelley Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2012
    4999 now. Actually, we have started using "Qt" here to port decades of MSVS development over and have it both ways. Good luck to you Mike but for our firm, I can hardly wait to MS dot Net in my rear view mirror.