LAS export issue

loupisloupis Global Mapper UserPosts: 2
edited March 2012 in Bug Report
So I set coordinate system for utm83-11f, import a landxml 1.1 surface from civil 3d. I set the options in the control center to feet (from the default meters)

I then create a quick grid to check the units and everything is what it should be.

Then I export the landxml surface to LAS (to get the vertices coords).

Here's the issue: The vertical is multiplied by 3.2808xxxx, so now my vertical feet is way off....

I think there's a bug in the converter. If I convert to XYZ format (PLSS/CAD) the units are correct.

any thoughts?

Comments

  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited March 2012
    What are your vertical units set to on the Vertical Options tab of the Configuration dialog? It sounds like it still somehow thinks the source file is meters and that you want to export as feet, so it's applying another feet conversion.

    Can you save a workspace and provide that and perhaps your source LandXML file so I can make sure everything is set right? It does sound like you are doing it right.

    Thanks,

    Mike
  • loupisloupis Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    What are your vertical units set to on the Vertical Options tab of the Configuration dialog? It sounds like it still somehow thinks the source file is meters and that you want to export as feet, so it's applying another feet conversion.

    Can you save a workspace and provide that and perhaps your source LandXML file so I can make sure everything is set right? It does sound like you are doing it right.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    I've attached the workspace and the xml.

    the proper coordinate space is UTM83-11f (us survey feet)

    Try a LAS output file
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited March 2012
    It turns out there was a bug in the LAS export where the Z values for 3D areas and lines being exported were not converted correctly if they were not originally in meters. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13.zip with that fixed for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v13.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v13 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13_64bit.zip for you to try.

    Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

    Thanks,

    Mike
Sign In or Register to comment.