Global Mapper v25.0

Paginated card with Keyboard Shortcuts

Whiteline
Whiteline Global Mapper User
edited May 2014 in Suggestion Box
To give myself a fighting chance while learning the large collection of keyboard shortcuts that make Global Mapper easier to use, I took a page template for terminology and definitions (from another project) and adapted it to the plain text shortcuts list I accessed via the Global Mapper help menu.

I made some edits to facilitate the pagination process and enhance clarity in some cases … and now have a one-sheet (front and back) Shortcuts Card that is making it much easier to digest, utilize and learn these shortcuts.

I would imagine other newbies might appreciate the Shortcuts Card I created, so I'm forwarding it to you guys to share it, as you see fit. As I said, I did edit it somewhat, so you may wish to proofread it before posting it for others to use.

I've attached a PDF file with the Shortcuts Card and would be happy to forward the Word document source file if you like.

Cordially,
Stephen White

Comments

• PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    edited March 2012
    Stephen,

Nice job! That is really sharp. I will place that file in the downloads as well as "pin" this thread to the top of the suggestion box so others can see this great reference as well.

Thanks

Paul
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2012
    Stephen,

That is awesome! Do you have an original editable version in some format that we might use so we can keep it up to date? I think I want to replace the existing default list with your document.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • kbellis
    kbellis Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for doing this. I just printed it out and it looks great, well organized and thought out - two thumbs up :)

Kind regards,

Kelly
  • KurtM
    KurtM Water Resources Engineer Trusted User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Stephen,

Didn't know about the options to copy/paste current lat/long to windows clipboard. Sharp looking list.

Kurt
  • kbellis
    kbellis Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks again for this!

Questions:

Has this list at all changed?

Is there another updated reference worth a nod and a mention?
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited May 2014
    The latest list is linked to under the Help->Shortcut Key List in GM. However it hasn't really changed much since users can now assign their own shortcut keys for any command with the Favorites drop-down, so we don't usually assign new ones to avoid taking a key that a user might want to use for something else.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation