Global Mapper v25.0

2 bugs? Shapefiles / vector data doesn't load AND Can't export "All Data Visible..."

Orswell
Orswell Global Mapper User
edited May 2012 in Technical Support
My Global Mapper 64bit on my windows 7 machine has just started to give me both problems mentioned in title:

1. My shapefiles load into the control center but don' t display (can't select them or see them), and if i try to create an area feature from a loaded raster the control center shows the "user created features" checkbox, but I can't select anything / export the vector.

2. So in light of the above error I am trying to export a raster the same size using the extent of another and when I go to Export Bounds, the "All Data Visible On Screen" option is greyed out, but I could still drag a box, (not precise enough).

Any ideas?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2012
    What is your view projection set to on the Projection tab of the Configuration dialog? It sounds like your view projection is set to one that the data can't be reprojected into, so it can't display. What does the Metadata dialog for the Shapefile layer that doesn't show display? Also what version of Global Mapper are you using?

Thanks,

Mike
  • Orswell
    Orswell Global Mapper User
    edited May 2012
    still happening, I'm in Geographic WGS84 ArcDegrees in configuration.

Here is the metadata of the user created features
    FILENAME=
    DESCRIPTION=User Created and Modified Features
    AREA COUNT=1
    AREA VERTEX COUNT=4
    LINE COUNT=0
    POINT COUNT=0
    UPPER LEFT X=-66.9261327809
    UPPER LEFT Y=6.6907491212
    LOWER RIGHT X=-66.7011327809
    LOWER RIGHT Y=6.5049157878
    WEST LONGITUDE=66° 55' 34.0780" W
    NORTH LATITUDE=6° 41' 26.6968" N
    EAST LONGITUDE=66° 42' 4.0780" W
    SOUTH LATITUDE=6° 30' 17.6968" N
    PROJ_DESC=Geographic (Latitude/Longitude) / WGS84 / arc degrees
    PROJ_DATUM=WGS84
    PROJ_UNITS=arc degrees
    EPSG_CODE=4326
    COVERED AREA=514.69 sq km
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited May 2012
    What is the metadata for the Shapefile? Are you being prompted for a projection when you load it?

You might also check the Vector Display tab of the Configuration dialog and make sure that you haven't turned off area, line, or point display and also check your type filters to make sure the types of features that you have aren't disabled for display.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com