Plotting multiple NMEA traces as imported files

DC KelleyDC Kelley Global Mapper UserPosts: 76Trusted User
edited March 2012 in Suggestion Box
I suddenly find myself with a reoccurring need to plot over a dozen or more tracks taken from NMEA-183 data over the same course (base map) under different conditions (all are in canned files by the time I see them, nothing is live).

Reaching for my trusty GP tools to solve this need... Opps, there is a different mindset here. I want to do post run work, but the tool is more targeted the semi-real use and only supports the single file mindset.

Rather then dealing with one 'setup' under the GPS menu and saving each track one by one, is there any way to add the file in a batch mode using the type of import we have for Files --> Open Generic text... or Files --> Open Data File for this type of use?

What I would like to do is import in a batch mode multiple NMEA-183 files, and have each trace named or placed on a layer for further tinkering. If the button in GPS Setup --> Setup... --> Read From File (NMEA only) could be more like the file/open choices that would do it for this need.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited March 2012
    There isn't currently a way to run multiple of them at a time, but I'll add it to the todo list.

Thanks,

Mike
  • DC KelleyDC Kelley Global Mapper User Posts: 76Trusted User
    Mike, I am back on this problem now (the need to plot multiple traces each in their own format, perhaps in NMEA, perhaps in other formats, but all file in the set in the same format).  Has these been any development on this?  I am sure that todo list has grown even longer as your new features make us all demand even more of you and GM, and this is by no means urgent.  But if it got addressed and I missed it, please let me know.