Global Mapper v25.0

ECWOverlay.cpp 3603

murat
murat Global Mapper User
edited January 2012 in Technical Support
Hi,

I have an ecw file which i cant zoom in. When i try it says" unknown error while rendering the overlays" with error code, Ecwoverlay.cpp 3603. I also cant export my file into other format like img or geotiff.

Is there anything i can do to solve this problem?

Looking forward to see your reply.

Thanks.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2012
    That type of error typically means that the ECW is corrupt in some way that the version of the ECW library that we use cannot use it. We are working on getting an updated version of the 3rd-party library that provides ECW support that allows some of these problem ECW files to load or at least fail more gracefully when they are corrupt.

Thanks,

Mike
  • murat
    murat Global Mapper User
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for your early reply Mike,

You mean that there is nothing i can do about it for now? Hope that library is updated as fast as your reply:)

Regards.

Murat
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2012
    Murat,

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do in Global Mapper about it until we update the library. Well actually if you can send me the file I do have the new library version for testing and I could make sure it works with that, then I could write it out to a new file that will work fine.. If it is large you can FTP it to ftp.globalmapper.com using a username of 'upload@globalmapper.com' and a password of 'upload'.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • murat
    murat Global Mapper User
    edited January 2012
    Dear Mike,

I dont know for sure if it is related but while converting the image from tiff to ecw,ers file has not been moved with ecw file. Now, they are in some folder and the image works fine for now.

I'm very glad for your interest. I'll be in touch if i have a problem.

Thanks for your help:)
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2012
    Hmmm, that is strange, I guess the ECW library we use makes use of the ERS file and if that is present it fixes some issues. Who knows with these 3rd-party libraries.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com