Global Mapper v25.0

export into jpg

omri
omri Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2011 in Technical Support
Hallo to all mappers

when i make a map using different overlays and try to export it to a jpg file, for some rea sone

the pixel size and the font size of the routs i made change and in the jpg file i get they seem allot smaller

do anyone know why this happens???

how can i overcome this problem because eventually i wanna print these maps

Thanks

Omri Gadol

MED

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2011
    Omri,

When you export to a raster format like JPG the pixel size and font size should be the same number of pixels on the JPG as on the screen, your JPG pixels are just likely set to be much smaller than your screen pixels. This is controlled by the Sample Spacing (resolution) setting when exporting. Larger values of this will result in a lower resolution map so the individual pixels are larger and thus your lines and labels are larger.

You can also instead set your road/fonts to use a fixed size in meters and then the size will automatically adjust with the resolution.

Finally, if you use the PDF export option you can specify a scaling factor to use to easily make things larger during export.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • omri
    omri Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2011
    Hallo Mike

thank you it worked perfectly :)

I have another issue that you can help me with....

i've been using global mapper to some real time tracking

i was wondering if there's a possibility to use it to navigate on a loaded route and make it tell me how far

am i from the next leg or show me the cross track error

Thanks

Omri Gadol

MED MER ltd
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2011
    Omri,

There isn't currently any support for real-time route navigation in Global Mapper.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com