Global Mapper v25.0

export csv

energy
energy Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2011 in Technical Support
Hi

having a problem, when I export my points as csv that is ok

but when I export polygon as csv, that gives error(no points feature...)
dont I export the data as csv except from point?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2011
    Use the Simple ASCII Text export option rather than CSV to get lines and/or areas exported.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • energy
    energy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2011
    Hi
    ok, cvs export more usefull(columns by columns, for open and for arrange in MS office, open office) according to attribute value ,like

name enclosed area thickness coal calorific value
    A-34 50000sq m 3m 1000Kcal/kg

could you advise ?
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2011
    The problem is that you can only store one coordinate per line for CSV, so lines and areas that have multiple points are problematic. However, I think I will add an option to CSV export to allow storing lines and areas in the WKT coordinate format as a single column. I will update you when this is ready.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2011
    I have updated the CSV export to have an option to export area and line features and use WKT formatting for the coordinates. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v13.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v13 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13_64bit.zip .

If you just want the attributes and no coordinates, you can select the areas with the Digitizer Tool then right-click and select the Display Feature Measurements, then you will get a table with the selected area measurements and attributes and can export that to a text file that you could easily pull into something else.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com