Global Mapper v25.0

Make polygon's attribute name into polygon's name in shape file

wagnerpk
wagnerpk Global Mapper User
edited September 2011 in Technical Support
Hi! I have thousands of polygons in a shape file. Each polygon does not have a name, but a few attribute names.

attribute.jpg

1) I like to join this attribute names and turn them into a unique name, for example, "T0591-B0239-F111".

2) Or take just one attribute and turn it into polygon's name, for example, "0591".

How can I do it? I'm in GM v13.00. If possible, I like to know how to do it in both ways.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2011
    Just open the Control Center, select the layer, press Options, then setup the Attribute-based naming to use whatever combination of attributes that you want for the display label.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • wagnerpk
    edited September 2011
    Thanks a lot!

Now, there is a way to include prefix for each attribute? For example, I created this (based in jpg file):

T0591-0239-111

But I like to create in this way:

T0591-B0239-F111

Thanks.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2011
    There isn't currently a way to add a prefix for each attribute. You would need to edit your features and add an attribute for each prefix to add, then you can just include those attributes in the list of attributes to form the label.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • wagnerpk
    edited September 2011
    Well, I did this way:

- add prefix to last attribute and give that name
    - export into shp
    - open new shp
    - add another prefix of penultimate attribute, and create a name with penultimate attribute + actual name
    - export into shp
    - repeat this untill the name is complete (always doing from the last to first attribute)