Global Mapper v25.0

Map catalog error

redbeard
redbeard Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2011 in Technical Support
I was editing my map catalog using notepad++, as I wanted to delete some maps and change the path where the files were stored.

Not GM v12 wont open the catalog. I've done this many times before, so I'm trying to hunt down what I might have done wrong.

The error says this

Error loading map catalog data.
MapCatalogOverlay.cpp - 905
Version: v12.02
Build Time: Jul 24 2011 13:26:20

which doesn't tell me much about what's wrong with my catalog. Unless 905 means something (partly why I post).

My suspicion is the lines between the items in the catalog - this area

</control_point_list>
</map>

<map>
<filename>Z:.....

I may have deleted too much and ending up with something like this

</control_point_list>
</map>

or

</control_point_list>
<map>

Now I cant seem to do a find on items spanning multiple lines (There may be a way, I just haven't found it).

So I guess if you've any pointers, that'd be nice. If not, turn it into a feature request (for v13) of a better catalog manipulation/fixing abilities. I wouldn't mind being able to search the items in the catalog and delete some with a specific string in the file name or path, and a way to easily change the path on where the files are.

I'm intent on fixing this catalog as it would way take too long to recreate it.

Comments

• redbeard
    redbeard Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2011
    hmm...Not = Now in the above post.

Additional info -
    I did do a create BBOXES in the control center and exported that as a shapefile before I edited the file. I don't think I can reverse the process though.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2011
    Make sure to remove entire <map> ... </map> sections, otherwise you are gonna make the .gmc an invalid XML file and it won't parse without error. If you can't figure it out and want to send me the catalog I can tell where the problem is.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com