Global Mapper v25.0

Hide Layers OUtside Selected Area Feature Bug?

Matt
Matt Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2011 in Bug Report
Using GM13

I have a Map Catalog with several 100 DRG topo maps. I used BBOXES to create area features for each of the maps. Then I used digitizer to create a polygon around about 1/2 of the maps. Then I used the Hide Layers Outside Selected Area Feature and then did Close Layers Outside Selected Area Feature. GM closed not only the layers outside of the selected area feature, but also closed about 50% of the layers inside the area feature. I've tried it 3 times now and get erratic results every time. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there is a bug.

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2011
    Forgot a step. With the User Created Features, I use the Split Into Separate Layers Based on the Description/Attribute Value to create a separate layer for each map.

What I'm trying to do is get a list of the maps within the polygon. Maybe there is some other way to do that.
  • Matt
    edited September 2011
    Split Into Separate Layers Based on the Description/Attribute Value seems to be where the problem is. When I do this, many of the map polygons do not get split into a layer.
  • Matt
    edited September 2011
    A work-around is to convert the User Create Features into a SHP file. If I then load the SHP file and do the exact same steps, it works as expected. So seems to be an issue with Splitting Layers from User Created Features.

Sorry for so many replies, forum won't let me edit original posts.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2011
    Matt,

So is the issue that some of the new layers created by splitting into layers don't contain the features you expect, or is it something different? I guess I'm not completely clear yet.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Matt
    edited September 2011
    Sorry, I know it's a bit confusing. I'm splitting a User Created Feature with 1,000 features into separate layers based on filename. So there should be 1,000 layers after the split, but there are only about 500 or 600.

If I first Convert the User Created Features layer into a SHP file, and then do the exact same process on the SHP file layer, it works as expected.
  • global_mapper
    edited September 2011
    Matt,

Ah ok now I understand what you are doing. Can you provide the workspace or maybe the map catalog that you are doing the split off of? You can post it here or email to support@globalmapper.com.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Matt
    edited September 2011
    Matt,

Ah ok now I understand what you are doing. Can you provide the workspace or maybe the map catalog that you are doing the split off of? You can post it here or email to support@globalmapper.com.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

See attached. It will give you file not found errors when you try to load it, but that shouldn't matter for this purpose.

1) Load the attached GMC file
    2) Right click on layer in control manager and run BBOXES
    3) Right click on User Created Features and select Split Into Separate Layers based on File Name
    4) Uncheck box next to "_7x7" and note that there are several features that didn't split. There doesn't really seem to be an obvious patter why some made it and some didn't.
  • global_mapper
    edited September 2011
    Matt,

Aha I found the issue and have it fixed. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v13.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v13 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper13_64bit.zip (give these a couple minutes to finish uploading if you are really fast).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com