Global Mapper v25.0

Bulk elevation change to vector data

kfroese
kfroese Geotechnical EngineerTrusted User
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
I am looking for method to either apply or edit elevations of vector vertices. I'm doing a bit of 3D visualizing of a landfill configuration. I would like to be able to set all of the vertices elevations to the same value on a line. Also, it would be nice to have method to move vector objects in the vertical dimension much like can be done in XY with the "Shift (Offset) Line Feature."

Suggestions?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2011
    You can select a 3D line feature with the Feature Info tool and press Vertices, then you can easily edit the elevation values.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kfroese
    kfroese Geotechnical Engineer Trusted User
    edited June 2011
    I was aware of how to edit vertices as you describe. However, that allows you to edit each individual which can be time-consuming if you have a line with many vertices all of which you want to have the same elevation. I would like to be apply to apply a single elevation value to all of the vertices simultaneously.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2011
    You should be able to select all of the vertices in the line on the vertex dialog at once (just use Shift+Click to highlight a range) and then set them all to the same value.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com