Global Mapper v25.0

Export Bing tiles generates unhandled exception

pmace
pmace Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited March 2011 in Technical Support
After selecting export File | Web formats and then selecting Bing, I get this popup.

Unhandled exception processing command message.
Read access violation at data address 0x000000A0,
program address 0x6C0A3C08.

Version: v12.01
Build Time: Jan 12 2011 19:39:56

64 bit windows.

Selecting any other web export format brings up web export normal dialog.

PS: how about ability to export DEM as bing terrain layer tiles? :)

Paul

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    Paul,

That is a bug in the initial v12.01 installer. If you download and install the latest build from the links below that should fix the problem:

32-bit: http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_setup.exe
    64-bit: http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_setup_64bit.exe

You can export DEMs or any other data to Bing tiles, it will just be a rendered representation of the DEM and not the raw elevation data as the Bing maps interface can't handle terrain.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pmace
    pmace Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2011
    Mike,

Thanks for the help.

FYI: the VE3D api does allow loading terrain layers as well as image layer...though sampling gets a bit tricky converting as image layer tiles are 256x256 and terrain tiles 33x33 with no aspect ratio correlation. Another PS: how about saving DEM data as/with ECW?
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    Ah I didn't realize that. I was just thinking of the 2D Bing Maps API which of course doesn't support terrain.

You can save DEM data out to JPEG2000 format files, which are comparable to ECW and the only wavelet-based format that I've ever seen terrain data stored in.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pmace
    edited March 2011
    So...if I export elevation to jpg2000, each 'pixel' represents...a 32 bit float in meters?

If I export the DEM false color image is there an ~ correlation of the rgb values to elevation in meters--implication being false-color PNG elevation tile could be decoded to deliver elevation for equivalent quadkey image tile.

Would be nice if there were jp3d encoder/decoder available but it appears not.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    Actually for a JPEG2000 elevation export each 'pixel' is a 32-bit signed elevation value in whatever elevation units were selected for the export. This allows you to extract the actual elevation values out of the compressed JPEG2000 file and not just a color representation of the values. Most applications won't know what to do with a 32-bit JPEG2000 file though.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pmace
    edited March 2011
    Mike,

Thanks. Plenty of SDK's for JPEG2000...and once it's loaded as a bitmap resource it's mine to play with.

Paul