Global Mapper v25.0

GM 11.02 - No longer clips MP file tiles properly

gpsmpr
gpsmpr Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited March 2011 in Technical Support
I am using GM 11 to export MP files in a tiled grid.

I am setting export bounds by lat/lon to clip the data to a certain boundary line.

However, GM hasn't been clipping the right most tiles to the export boundary. The program creates a full tile instead of a partial tile on the right side boundary.

Is there a setting for this? Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    There is an option on the Gridding tab to 'Crop Right and Bottom Cells to Export Bounds' when tiling. That should cause the right and bottom edges to be cropped to the export bounds. That option didn't always work for all grid types though, so you might need a newer version.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • gpsmpr
    gpsmpr Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2011
    It always seemed to work fine in v11.xx before GM v12 came out. I don't see this 'Crop' option under the gridding tab

How can I fix this?
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    I took a look and the option to crop to the right and bottom bounds when gridding to fixed size tiles wasn't added until the v12.00 release. I wouldn't have expected it to ever crop to the right and bottom until that option was enabled for v12. Were you always gridding the same way?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • gpsmpr
    edited March 2011
    Were you always gridding the same way?

yes, I have always been gridding the same way
  • gpsmpr
    edited March 2011
    You guys have always had great support and a great product, so I will just go ahead and purchase the v12 upgrade

Thank you
  • gpsmpr
    edited March 2011
    I just updated to v12.01 and I don't see the cropping option in the grid tab

Not sure what to do now
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    The checkbox option is labeled 'Crop Right and Bottom Cells to Export Bounds' and is just above the 'Specify Individual Grid Cell Width and Height' option on the Gridding tab.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • gpsmpr
    edited March 2011
    yep, there it is - thanks

It looks like it is in v11.02 also, but it is blacked out as an option when specifying a Grid size based on arc degrees
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2011
    The option only worked if specifying a number of grid rows and columns in v11.02. In v12.00 it was extended to also work if specifying a fixed grid cell size.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com