Global Mapper v25.0

Reading projection info

miksmith
miksmith Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited January 2008 in Projection Questions
I have some ERDAS Imagine files which definitely have the projection information embedded in them, yet GM901 tells me there is no projection information and needs this entering. Is there a problem with this at all??

As an addendum to this, are there any projection files shipped with GM, or have I missed something blindingly obvious?? Do we have to enter all the projection details ourselves? I often find myself working in British National Grid ....

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2008
    More than likely the projection contained in the Erdas Imagine file is simply not one that Global Mapper automatically recognizes from Erdas files, so it has to prompt the user. If you can provide me with the .img file at support@globalmapper.com I can take a look for you.

There aren't projection files shipped with GM, all of the supported projections are built directly into Global Mapper. The British National Grid projection is listed as 'British Grid' on the projection selection dialog. The OSGB36 datum shows up as Ordnance Survey 1936.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • miksmith
    miksmith Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2008
    Hi Mike

Thanks for fixing this. It will make my life just a touch easier :)

ta

mike