Global Mapper v25.0

Reproject rasters on map catalog

stkorn
stkorn Global Mapper User
edited May 2010 in Projection Questions
How can I manually change projection (datum) of .tif rasters, where are added to workspace within a map catalog?

I need to change the datum of its Projection (http://www.globalmapperforum.com/forums/projection-questions/5421-datum-pulkovo-1942-v-9-vs-s-42-pulkovo-1942-v-11-02-a.html)

When I click on button "Modify Display of Raster Layers", and change datum on Projection tab - nothing does.

After right click on raster in map catalog list, and select menu "Display Metadata for selected map" - I see older Datum.

Now I open .gmc file in notepad editor and manually edit <projection> tag. So it is possible to do? There is a way to make it change from user interface?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited May 2010
    There isn't any way to update the native projection/datum of a layer in a map catalog. The native projection of the layer in the map catalog is set when you add the layer to the map catalog. If you need to change that after adding the file to the map catalog the easiest thing would be to edit the .gmc file in Notepad and search-and-replace the old datum name with the new one.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com