Global Mapper v25.0

Setting Selected Area Style

Roger Edrinn
Roger Edrinn Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
In the Line Styles tab I can set the line width and color of a selected line, but no similar ability exist for Selected Areas. Could this be added?

Normally areas are big and easy to see, but not always. I can't tell if stream areas are selected when zoomed out, using the default fine hatch.

Thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2010
    Roger,

The current style for drawing selecting areas actually involves a multi-layered drawing style that a single area style selection can't encompass, which is why it isn't selectable. I think in your case what you might want to do is check the option on the Vector Display tab of the Configuration dialog to draw a border around selected areas. Then you'll be able to see them at any zoom level.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2010
    I think in your case what you might want to do is check the option on the Vector Display tab of the Configuration dialog to draw a border around selected areas. Then you'll be able to see them at any zoom level.
    Yes, that applies the selected line style to the selected area, which I can change, and make my areas VERY visible.

Thanks for the tip.