Global Mapper v25.0

globalmapper.com not working

digitalaviator
digitalaviator Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2009 in Technical Support
Hi Mike,

I just tried to go to the Global Mapper website to download the last build for GM10 and the entire site www.globalmapper.com seems to be offline...

Dean.

Comments

• funkutron
    funkutron Global Mapper User
    edited December 2009
    Yes - I've been trying for over 3 hours (my work has ground to a halt until i can upgrade to V11).

Hope it wont be down for much longer!

Ben
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2009
    We are having major server issues. Someone hacked our Network Solutions account and transferred the globalmapper.com domain to GoDaddy, so currently globalmapper.com is pointing to some other site. We are working to resolve this ASAP.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2009
    FYI, we have an alternate site now up at http://www.globalmappersoftware.com/ until we can recover www.globalmapper.com.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
  • digitalaviator
    digitalaviator Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2009
    Oh Mike, thank you, you're a lifesaver!!!
  • EDGAR
    EDGAR Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2009
    I'm crossing fingers and I wish to Mike - Good Luck and happy restoration of his main web site, that I like to visit very much.
    Best to You
  • John Freeland
    John Freeland Global Mapper User
    edited December 2009
    Taking some pressure off of Mike, Edgar was very kind to help me with some questions about layering shape files. That's the kind of generosity that makes a forum like this work. And as we all eventually gain some competency with the program, we should try and remember to pay it forward to the next batch or rookies. Thanks again, Ed, I'm off and running.
  • EDGAR
    EDGAR Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2009
    Ok John, You are always welcome. :-))

I've been always convinced, that this Forum has it's great power and potential and we all could became friends ..."in Global Mapper" and could share our experience among others... at least till Mike will announce his FINAL Global Mapper Turbo Version with one powerful function - i.e. "Please make it for me...", then we can close the Forum...

Best to All of YOU here :-))
  • PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    edited December 2009
    Community sites are definitely very powerful but only when the majority gets involved. In an effort to assist in that regard I will be rolling out a new Content Management System that is due for release by vBulletin (the creator of the forum software) in a couple of weeks. This should make it easier for users to contribute information in the form of articles, blogs, pictures, etc all related to Global Mapper all while still retaining the current forum and using the same log-in information. The site today uses two different separate systems with Joomla for the main site content and vBulletin for the forum. This current set-up makes creating user contributed content much more difficult and cumbersome. This new system should make it much easier for all users to get involved. Again, look for these changes to GlobalMapperForum.com around the beginning of the year.