Global Mapper v25.0

gps tracking exporting script

montaser
montaser Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited August 2009 in Technical Support
dear all, whenever I start GM 10 connecting Magellan Trackin' gps unit to PC and then it starts tracking .after; I load the following script:

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION=1.00
EXPORT_VECTOR FILENAME="D:\DATA\rocket.xyz" TYPE=SIMPLE_ASCII

after that running it; it'll show the following error message:

Exporting vector data to file D:\DATA\rocket.xyz...
ERROR: Vector data must be loaded for EXPORT_VECTOR command.
Script processing COMPLETED.

any help?!!

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2009
    You would need to first use the GPS->Save Tracklog menu command to have your active GPS track saved to a line feature that could be exported. Otherwise there is any exportable vector data available for the script to use. You also need to make sure to check the box to run the script in the context of the main map view so that any data there (such as a saved tracklog) would be available to the script.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • montaser
    montaser Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited August 2009
    thax Mike it works now but there is another problem whenever I' running my external script
    while GM is opened there is no output in the destined folder.
    but when I open it from run script in GM it works..why??
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2009
    If you are running that script from the command line it will run in a new instance of Global Mapper, so since your script doesn't load any data to export there wouldn't be any data available to be exported. To export data loaded in the main map view of a running Global Mapper instance you would have to run the script from that running Global Mapper instance.

If you need to programmatically access a GPS device that is being tracked you would need to use the Global Mapper SDK. See the Developers page at GIS Mapping Software - GPS Mapping Software - Satellite Maps - Aerial Photos [Global Mapper] for more details.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com