Global Mapper v25.0

Problem with export to KMZ

mcb9060
mcb9060 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited July 2009 in Technical Support
Hi, I am using GM v11-beta2, I have a raster layer I am trying to export to KMZ so that I can take up in Google Earth, I seem to reacall I have done it before without a problem but now when I open the KMZ file in GE I just get a large red X where the map should be...any suggestions...?

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2009
    Mark,

I just tried the KMZ raster export and it worked fine. Does the KMZ load back into Global Mapper? Can you post the KMZ file?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mcb9060
    mcb9060 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2009
    Mike, the kmz loads back into GM fine, it maybe a GE issue? I will send you the kmz file on Monday when I am back at work...

Regards

Mark
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2009
    Mark,

Hopefully once I can see the KMZ file the issue will be obvious. Are you using the latest version of Google Earth?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mcb9060
    mcb9060 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2009
    Mike, the GE version appears to be the latest 5.0.11733.9347, I have taken a couple of KMZ files i made in GM v10 and they seem to work OK...

Regards

Mark
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2009
    Mark,

I took a look and did find a problem exporting KMZ super-overlays in v11 when some particular options were checked on the Gridding tab. Other than that, everything is working fine for me even in the latest Google Earth.

I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com