Global Mapper v25.0

sdw file for mrsid?

walker
walker Global Mapper User
edited June 2009 in Downloading Imagery
I am trying to load a mrsid aerial photo of a county. It loads, but is not georeferenced correctly. The mrsid file came with a sdw file but I seen no options in global mapper to use this file for the positioning. It has options for a prj or a txt file. Any ideas?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2009
    Global Mapper will automatically use a sdw file to provide coordinate information for a MrSID file unless the MrSID file contains embedded position information. Are you being prompted to select a projection for the file? If so, that is likely where the problem is occurring. You need to provide the projection that the coordinates in the SDW file are in, which your data provider should know if they didn't provide a PRJ file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • walker
    walker Global Mapper User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the reply. It was prompting me for the projection info. I went back to the website where I downloaded the sid and sdw files and I found they had a txt file with the projection information. I used that and it loaded up great. I have only been using Global Mapper about a week and I can already tell that it is going to be one of the most useful programs I own. Thanks for a great product and great support. Not many companies where you can post a question on a Sunday afternoon and have an answer in a couple hours.