Global Mapper v25.0

Merging data for analysis

evelyn0311
evelyn0311 Global Mapper User
edited March 2009 in Technical Support
Hi there,
I did View-Shed analysis for ten objects. Now I need to merge them in order to get ONE Layer that contains the information how many of the ten objects can be seen from Point x or Point y. The Layer could then be shown in graduating colors: yellow for those areas where one can see one object from, orange for areas where two objects can be seen from and so forth.

My problem: the data that I got is HUGE (some 40,000 areas for each of the ten objects) and I couldn't work with them in ArcView or GeoMedia for they are too large. I tried aggregeting them in ArcView but it's also a very time-consuming process. Is there a way of aggregating the data in GlobalMapper? Or could I even do the analysis (for the yellow-orange-etc kind of coloring) in GlobalMapper?

I would SO much appreciate your help, the amount of data is really a pain...
Thank you

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2009
    It is not currently possible to join area features in Global Mapper, but this is something that we plan on adding in the upcoming v11 release this summer.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • evelyn0311
    evelyn0311 Global Mapper User
    edited March 2009
    Dear Mike, Thank you for your reply.
    Too bad that this feature isn't offered right now. In the meantime, we have decided to downgrade our plans and will do a more simple version of the aggregation.

But thank you very much for the fast reply, this forum is really tremendously helpful!

Sincerely, evelyn