Global Mapper v25.0

printing trouble...dashed line shows as sold

head_strong
head_strong Global Mapper User
edited January 2009 in Technical Support
hey all.

when i try to print my maps, that have a dashed line around a area (drawn using the digitizer tool), the line that is dashed (shows up on screen and also in print preview as a dashed line), turns out solid when it is printed out. everything else is fine (including areas that are filled with cross hatching, which print as cross hatched), but the line is solid instead of dashed. it is the correct colour, but not dashed.

Anyone know what would be casuing this? i thought maybe it would be something to do with the scale or something, ie zoomed out so that the dashed line looks solid, but i cant find anything that would fix this, and also it is strange that it is dashed in print preview, but not when printed.

thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2009
    That is strange, what version of Global Mapper are you using? My only thought is that maybe your printer has such a high resolution that you can't see the spaces between the dashes or something, but when I just tried a test on mine the dashes were readily apparent.

Can you try printing to a file rather than to the printer and see if the dashes show up properly there?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • head_strong
    edited January 2009
    hi mike, im using v8.01. whats the best way to print to file?

thanks
  • head_strong
    edited January 2009
    mike, i just printed to file, i went print preview, then selected print to file and then print as normal. it gave me a bmp of map, but again the dashed line is solid....so this means it cant be the printer itself. also, i just noticed that on the image created using print to file, the areas that i have as cross hatched come out as a solid colour. on the actual print out, these areas are cross hatched, not solid. very confusing

thanks
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2009
    This could be an issue related to how old your Global Mapper is as lots of changes to printing have been made since v8.01. I would first try downloading and installing the last v8.xx release from http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper8_setup.exe and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com