Global Mapper v25.0

Area names do not show up

mjmfgm
mjmfgm Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited January 2009 in Technical Support
I can't figure this out, all my area styles show up on normaly exept when I underlay a "Tif" Image.
When I use my Sat "tif" and overlay Area Shape files the Area Shape files do not show there description and or names. If I use Line Style shape files the names and description do show up ?

I use the same shape file for all my graphics and they are working fine, except when I use my "Tif" images.

Please see attached image file.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2009
    Your screen shot was too small to see what was going on. How is everything setup in the Control Center in terms of draw order (specifically is the TIFF file earlier in the list than the layer with the area features that are missing the labels)?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgm
    mjmfgm Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for the fast response Mike,
    The draw order is, iff, shape files,
    I will make the image bigger and re-upload this for you.

Thanks again Mike.
  • mjmfgm
    edited January 2009
    I made the image larger ( 2000x1300 ) pix and still the same size on your server ?
  • mjmfgm
    edited January 2009
    Here is a "JPG" Image, may be this will work.
    sat1.jpg 669.6K
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2009
    According to your last screenshot, the area features do not appear to have a display label assigned to them (it says <No Label>). The Feature Type is assigned as 'Elk Summer Concentration', but the feature type is never displayed on the map anywhere, only in the status bar when you hover over a feature. Perhaps this is your problem?

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2009
    Looking again now I understand your problem and what is happening. Currently if you place your cursor over an area feature and there is a raster underneath and the area feature either has no name or is unclassified, the raster underneath takes precedence and its information is shown rather than the area's information.

I have decided to modify this to require both an empty label and no classification if the area is filled in some way. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgm
    edited January 2009
    When I remove the "Tiff" file then all the labels show up Mike. Please see the attached file please.
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2009
    Is that true even with the new build? With the new build I would expect the area information to still show in the status bar even with the TIFF loaded if the area has a label or known classification and the area has a fill style other than 'No Fill', which it appears that your elk classification areas do.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgm
    edited January 2009
    What new build ? I am running 10.02 Dec 2008 build. Do I need to update ?
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2009
    I made a change last night to fix your problem so there is a new build. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mjmfgm
    edited January 2009
    Okay thanks, I will give it a try and let you know Mike, thanks again for your help.
  • mjmfgm
    edited January 2009
    Works Great now Mike, thanks a lot this will work. :)
  • hdmyg228
    hdmyg228 Global Mapper User
    edited January 2009
    Now that is a lot of brass air fittings Wholesale Tools With Free Shipping World Wide From China Distributor there is just about every type
    of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
    used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.