Global Mapper v25.0

Exporting shp to geotiff

pauloluap
pauloluap Global Mapper User
edited October 2008 in Vector Data
Hello,
I´ve got a shapefile with contour lines that I want to export to a geotiff elevation file.
I can open the shapefile correctly, but can't export to geotiff...
When I try to export, I get a message: "No compatible and exportable data is available for export within the specified export bounds."
My export bounds are ok (it´s set to All Loaded Data), so the problem is with the shapefile data.
Is Global Mapper able to generate elevation maps from shapefiles (with contour lines information)?
My Global Mapper is v9.03 registered
Thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2008
    Make sure to check the box to "Include Vector Data" on the GeoTIFF Export Options tab, otherwise the Shapefile data won't be considered for export.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pauloluap
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for the reply but I can´t find that box on the GeoTIFF Export Options tab
    There is a "Save Vector Data if Displayed" box but it is disabled (disabled and checked)
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2008
    I should have read your original message more closely. You can only export an elevation GeoTIFF from loaded gridded elevation data, like a DEM. To do that from contours, you first need to generate an elevation grid from the contour lines by opening the Control Center, right clicking on the contour layer, then selecting the option to generate an elevation grid. Once that is done, you should have a gridded elevation layer than you can export to an elevation GeoTIFF file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pauloluap
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for your help Mike.
    This worked fine!