Global Mapper v25.0

Mustek GP 200 & Destınator 6

halukbilgin
halukbilgin Global Mapper User
edited July 2008 in Technical Support
Hi,

In order to use my Mustek GP 200 G.P.S. and Destinator v. 6 Software that came along as a bundle , in unmapped areas , I imported Google sattelite images into Global Mapper v. 8 with latitude and longitude data. I don't know how to convert/ export my global mapper files to a format compatible with destinator.exe, v. 6.0. Files exported with .DAT or .MAP extensions don't seem to work.

Thank you,

Haluk Bilgin

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2008
    Haluk,

I think that you first need to check with the support for your Destinator Software and see what type of file formats that they support, then I can let you know if Global Mapper supports one of those formats for export.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • halukbilgin
    halukbilgin Global Mapper User
    edited July 2008
    Dear Mike,
    You really amazed me with your diligence, I am at a loss for words.. Well the files currently loaded (they came with the bundle). WCE_A.MAP, WCE_TAB, WCE_B2, GPSr0001, WCE_A, WCE_A.POI, WCE_b1.. well, I don't need any elevation data, so I just omitted them, as for points of interest, I just want to be able to navigate in the woods and wastelands without having any prior waypoints marked. Just by sattelite imagery.
    Thank you
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2008
    Haluk,

The one format that looks familiar is the .tab and .map, which is a MapInfo TAB/MAP format file. This is a vector format so you would need to have vector data loaded into Global Mapper before you can export new maps in that format.

We have a new build of Global Mapper that supports exports to that format. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v9.xx installation folder to give it a try.

You might still want to contact the support for the other application as they should have intimate knowledge of exactly what they support for custom maps.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com