google earth view, zooms to US not UK?

hi all, im rather new to the global mapper,
I load a lidar map from the uk ordance survey of a specific point near me in the uk into global mapper, when i select the view tab and "zoom to google earth view" it starts to move to the uk then zooms into an area in the US?
any idea what settings i have wrong, im not entierly sure what data set to use, i am using transverse mercator for lat,long
any help appreciated
lee,

Answers

• BillBBillB Global Mapper User Posts: 71Trusted User
    Hello Lee

Don't know if this will help with your specific problem, but we have always found it helps to begin with known OS base data.  So I would suggest you go to:
    https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/opendatadownload/products.html and download the data set:
    "1:250 000 Scale Colour Raster".  Lots of other useful data there too.

If you use this (or particular tiles local to you project) as the starting point for any (UK) Global Mapper project, it should set up the Projection, Datum etc without you particularly needing to know or understand about it.  You can delete any tiles you don't need (eg Orkneys?).  After that, import your LiDAR data and you should be able to see if it is in roughly the right place.  Now try your Zoom to location in GE.

Let us know how you get on :)

Bill