JOIN_TABLE command

AndreaRAndreaR Global Mapper UserPosts: 58Trusted User
Hi Mike,
I've a problem with JOIN_TABLE command in script file .gms

The script is running with flag: running the script in the context of the main map view.

This is the message:
ERROR: Unable to join table, the specified layer attribute was not found

If i use the join table through GM 19 menu interface it work well, and the attributes are found and joined:

I tryed with this command and a file .txt with fields TAB separated

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION="1.00"
JOIN_TABLE LAYER_NAME="ZONE REGOLAMENTATE" FILENAME="ENR5-1-2.txt" JOIN_FILE_ATTR_NAME="NOME COMPLETO" JOIN_LAYER_ATTR_NAME="<Feature Name>" FILE_DELIM=TAB

And with a csv file with semicolon saparation:

JOIN_TABLE LAYER_NAME="ZONE REGOLAMENTATE" FILENAME="ENR5-1-2.csv" JOIN_LAYER_ATTR_NAME="<Feature Name>" JOIN_FILE_ATTR_NAME="NOME COMPLETO" FILE_DELIM=";"

Thanks in advance

Andrea

Answers

• AndreaRAndreaR Global Mapper User Posts: 58Trusted User
    Hi Mike
    Sorry to be insistent, but I have an urgent job to do with about 30 file tables to join, and I would like to know if this problem can be solved in some way, or i must proceed by hand stopping the execution of script file.

Thanks in advance for patience!

Andrea

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,686
    Hello Andrea,

If you don't get a response here, you should try sending a formal support request via the Help->Send Support Request... menu in Global Mapper, or by sending and e-mail containing a description of your workflow and the error message, along with sample data that will reproduce the problem, if possible, to Blue Marble Geographics Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  Either of these methods will ensure that the support team sees the problem and that you get a timely response.

Cheers,
    Bob