Displaying multiple line features (+ terrain data) in one path profile window

hoverhover Global Mapper UserPosts: 73Trusted User
I have two profiles (line features) I want to superimpose over the terrain (gridded elevation data).
If I select both line features and generate the path profile, two windows appear, one for each line.
Q: Is it also possible to have both profiles in one window?

Answers

• hoverhover Global Mapper User Posts: 73Trusted User
  • hoverhover Global Mapper User Posts: 73Trusted User
    I also tried to export the path, but, I only see the terrain data being exported, no line feature data.
    Can somebody confirm?
  • kfroesekfroese Geotechnical Engineer Posts: 151Trusted User
    hover said:
    I have two profiles (line features) I want to superimpose over the terrain (gridded elevation data).
    If I select both line features and generate the path profile, two windows appear, one for each line.
    Q: Is it also possible to have both profiles in one window?
    Not as far as I know. It is two different features so difficult for GM to know how to overlap them. Your best bet is to export the profiles as distance/elevation and then load them into another instance of GM (import as CSV with Equirectangular projection).

hover said:
    I also tried to export the path, but, I only see the terrain data being exported, no line feature data.
    Can somebody confirm?
    Exporting the path from the profile window does exactly as you are seeing - it exports the surface data. I see your point though - I can think of scenarios where it would be nice to have the option to also export the line itself. As a work around, I guess you could export the line in CSV and use a spreadsheet to manipulate the coordinates into equivalent distance so it could be imported as per the distance/elevation discussed above. Or,  select the line and use the "Create New Points Spaced Along Selected Feature(s)" to create points at each vertex and then export those which would be the equivalent of the distance/elevation export from the profile window.