What is up with the Coordinate Convertor Tool?Global Mapper v18.2.0 (b052417) [64-bit] - REGISTERED

chuckchuck Global Mapper UserPosts: 82Trusted User
Folks:The Coordinate Convertor Tool included with GlobalMapper does not work?? I am simply using the tool as I have done so in the past and it does not convert from WGS84 to NAD27 in my case. Has this functionality been removed?

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,686
    Hello,

I used the Coordinate Convertor tool to convert WGS84 to NAD27, and it seemed to work.  The result matches the result I got using Global Mapper 17.

Can you provide a more detailed description of your work flow and be more specific about what you mean by "does not work"?

Cheers,
    Bob
  • chuckchuck Global Mapper User Posts: 82Trusted User
    sorry GM v 18.2 (b052417).

BTW - found error on my part.  If I were to enter my data incorrectly as in placing latitude in the longitude box and longitude into the latitude box no conversion occurs and the application will print in the converted boxes the same exact entries.  The application also states that the conversion was successful as evidenced by the dialog window indicating so when none actually took place.

My error was in my data input and when data is input correctly latitude in latitude and longitude in longitude the conversion works.

Maybe the dialog window that pops-up should not when bad data is present i.e. -102.000 entered into the latitude box

Thanks for your reply and your time.

My bad.

-Chuck