Connecting to Vector or Raster ArcSDE sql database

Can I connect to an ArcSDE sql vector database and select the feature classes to view in Global Mapper?

I get the attached error.

Can I connect to an ArcSDE Sql RASTER database and select feature classes to view in Global Mapper?
I connect and all I get is tables and it loads a square.  I don't see any rasters.

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,688
    Hello,

You should be able to connect to both ArcSDE vector and raster from Global Mapper, assuming that you have a valid ArcGIS license and the SDE service is running.  The error message indicates that the SDE service is not running on your server.  

Cheers,
    Bob
  • I had it connected to ESRI SDE database but it was a Microsoft SQL.  It connects now,  however I only see tables of some of the feature classes not all.  Why is that?     And when I connect to the raster database I only see some of the aerial photos not all.  When I select a raster table it only shows me a square.   Is it not possible to display the raster aerial image in Global Mapper?
  • Can you connect to my computer to see what is going on?  Why is it showing only tables of some feature classes?  and Why does it not display raster images?
    Can you connect to my computer to see what is going on?  Why is it showing only tables of some feature classes?  and Why does it not display raster images?
    I don't have a way to connect to your computer.

GM can import from Esri vector feature classes that contain point, multipoint, polygon, line and polyline geometries.  Do the missing tables contain something different?

For raster data sets, I recall a case where the list of tables contained duplicates of raster table names -- one in mixed case and one in upper case.  One of them contained the raster data and the other was just a bounding rectangle.  Are you seeing anything like this?

I also recommend that you install the latest version of Global Mapper 17.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • I am using version Global Mapper 17.2.  I also have the 32 bit and 64 bit installed.  Who can help me with this problem?  Are you Global Mapper support staff?    I do not have the raster case that you talk about.  Simply only some of the rasters appear and if I open one it only shows the bounds square.   I only see some of our feature classes.  It is very strange, two are almost identical and one shows up and one does not.  Most do not appear that are on our server.   

Please who can help me figure this issue out?
    Hello,

I notice that you have GM 17.2.0 from May.  The latest update to 17.2 was released in August, and is 17.2.4 (I think).

You should contact Blue Marble Geographics Support via e-mail (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com), providing a description of your workflow and results.  If you provide a link to this thread, they will be able to see what we have discussed so far.

A couple of additional questions:
    What version of ArcGIS are you using?
    When you set up your database connection in GM, did you choose "Esri ArcSDE Spatial Database" for the Spatial Database Type?  If not, what did you choose?

Cheers,
    Bob