LiDAR Filter Settings and Flags

Is it possible to filter the LiDAR points that are displayed/processed using any flags that are set? I noticed that any points flagged as withheld are treated as deleted features but I'd like more control over this. Ex I'd like to be able to toggle on/off any points flagged as overlap. I see that the flags can be edited for a point but I'm not seeing anywhere to control the display of the flags. I would think this option would fit under the lidar filter settings window.

Thanks

Best Answer

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,686
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

Now I understand what you are looking for.  I have added feature request 19162 to our task list so we can evaluate it for inclusion in a future version of Global Mapper.  We will post a message on this thread when the status of the request changes.

Thank you,
    Bob

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,686
    Hello,

The LiDAR toolbar has a function that allows you to filter the display by classification.  If you don't have the LiDAR toolbar, then filtering has to be done when importing or exporting the data.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • JSOJSO Posts: 6
    edited September 2016
    Hi Bob,

I'm looking to filter based on the classification bit fields that may be set and not classification alone. The LiDAR toolbar allows filtering on classification alone and does not take in to account any of the classification flags as far as I can tell.

To be clear in my example, there is not an overlap class in my data. Instead points of any classification may have the overlap classification bit field set. I would like to toggle these points on/off. 
  • JSOJSO Posts: 6
    Great, thanks.
  • bmg_mikebmg_mike Global Mapper Guru Posts: 173Trusted User
    I have completed adding new Lidar draw and filter modes so you can color by the withheld, overlap, and key point flags. The Lidar import filter dialog also has a checkbox allowing you to control whether or not points marked as withheld are marked as deleted or not on import.

The daily build at http://data.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/dailybuilds/ will be updated tomorrow morning with these changes.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/