Conversion to Israeli new grid

When I try to convert projection from UTM wgs84 or from geographic wgs84 to Israeli new, the values are off by tens of cm's up to more than a meter (compared to the Israeli survey control points). I have checked the default conversion parameters and they are true, both for the local ellipsoid (grs80) and the 7-parameters for the conversion.

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,698
    Hello,

You don't indicate what version of Global Mapper you are using.  If it is Global Mapper 17, I recommend getting the latest release of Global Mapper to see if the problem has already been fixed. (If you are using an older version, I recommend activating a two-week trial of Global Mapper 17.  You can set that up right from the license activation screen.)

If the problem persists in the latest release, then your best bet is to send an e-mail describing your workflow and the results (error message, etc.), with a copy of sample data that will reproduce the problem, to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). This will ensure that the support team sees the problem and can provide a timely response. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • EET6763EET6763 Global Mapper User Posts: 4
    I'm having the same problem using release 18.2. I've created several DATUMS trying to test and now im not sure how to delete these datums. I've looked around the software but there appears to be no option available.