Moving scale bar and north arrow

I wanted to make sure I was not missing anything.  Can the scale bar and north arrow only be moved by going to "Modify Workspace Layout Options" and then "Position....", which is very fiddly and back and forth till the right position is obtained?  I was hoping they could just be grabbed and moved on screen like any other object - which would be much quicker.

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,686
    Hello,

If you are using Global Mapper 17 or higher, you can use the Map Layout Editor to more precisely control the position of elements like the scale bar and north arrow.  In the Map Layout Editor, you can click and drag the elements to move them.

In older versions, there is no alternative to using the Position button functions.

Cheers,

Bob
  • KF7ELUKF7ELU Posts: 8
    Can the Scale Bar be rotated? For instance using it to measure a building roof and would like to have a reference for the Length and Width on the Map View....
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,686
    KF7ELU said:
    Can the Scale Bar be rotated? For instance using it to measure a building roof and would like to have a reference for the Length and Width on the Map View....
    The Scale Bar can not be rotated.

Cheers,
    Bob