Global Mapper v25.0

red hatch replaces map

macsmith
macsmith Global Mapper UserTrusted User
when I zoom out to a certain level, the displayed map is replaced with a transparent red hatch overlay, see attached pictures.  I've had this effect for a while including versions 15, 16 and now 17.2.  I have a lowly nvidia quadro fx 570 with just 256Mbytes of memory.  The rest of the system is reasonable with 2 quad cpus and 16Gbytes of memory running windows 7 pro.

Could the graphics card be the problem and, if so, any recommended replacements/specs?
Thanks
macsmith

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

Have you tried looking at the zoom levels at which the layer is visible?  In the Control Center, select the layer that is disappearing, right-click, and select Set Up What Zoom Levels to Display Selected Layer(s) at...

Also, what kind of data is the layer that is disappearing?  If it is online data, are you sure that the data source contains tiles for the zoom level?

Cheers,

Bob

• macsmith
    macsmith Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Answer ✓
    fantastic, that fixed it!  The zoom was set to display between 10% and 0% (default?).  Changing it to "Always Display Map if in View" fixed it.  The data is on disk.

Thanks
    macsmith