Global Mapper v25.0

Crash when auto-classifying ground points

Hi,

I'm trying to learn how to work with global mapper, especially with the lidar module. I opened an .xyz-file and chose "Lidar Point Cloud" as import type. Then I tried to auto-classify noise points. I used the default settings, clicked "ok" and in the next moment the program was closed without any warnings, errors or reports. (The same happened with auto-classifying non-ground points.)

I have no idea, what's wrong. So I ask you, what may be the problem?

Maybe this problem occurred also at other users? How did you solved the problem?

I'm hoping for helpful answers. And thank you for reading my question.

Tagged:

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

I recommend getting the latest release of Global Mapper to see if the problem has already been fixed. If the problem persists in the latest release, then your best bet is to send an e-mail describing your workflow and the results (error message, etc.), with a copy of your sample data, to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). This will ensure that the support team sees the problem and can provide a timely response. Thank you.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Lidar Auto-classify is buggy, will consistently crash on x64 V17.11.10, both Win 7 & Win10.

x32 V17.11.10 will Auto-Classify more reliably, but still crash including on subsequent Feature Extraction.

Crashes are mostly memory exceptions, also visual c runtime issues.