Global Mapper v25.0

Export ECW file does not display in Global Mapper (b081915)

Wadep
Wadep Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Have just updated GM with the latest build (b081915). I have exported part of an existing ECW image but when i open the new image exported image in GM it does not display but it exists in the Overlay Control Centre. Is this a new bug in the latest release?

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    I recommend that you send a detailed description of your workflow and results, along with your data, if possible, to Blue Marble Geographics Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team knows about the problem, and will expedite a solution.  Thank you.

• GeoloGIS
    GeoloGIS Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Answer ✓
    Wadep said:
    Have just updated GM with the latest build (b081915). I have exported part of an existing ECW image but when i open the new image exported image in GM it does not display but it exists in the Overlay Control Centre. Is this a new bug in the latest release?
     It looks like there's a bug in the 'export raster' dialog for ECW - enabling the "Include Projection/Datum in Header" checkbox adds a 4th (alpha) band, which makes the whole image fully transparent.
    Solution: Unchecking the "Include Projection/Datum in Header" solves the issue, and does not affect the inclusion of proj/datum in exported files - everything then gets exported as it should.
  • Wadep
    Wadep Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Thanks for the answer, will make sure the Header box is unchecked from now on. Keep up the good work...cheers