Global Mapper v25.0

Can not export vector to GOOGLE EARTH

I imported to GM 300 points from a CVS files, tried to export them as KMZ file to visualize in GE. However, I found "Unable to project currently loaded data for export" error message. When I select the KML/KMZ (Vector data only) option, the KML exported file is empty, it only has 1KB and there isnt any points inside after I open GE. Where is the problem?

Appetiate very much your help, thx!

Answers

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    1. What version of Global Mapper are you using? 
    You may be able to use  Help | Global Mapper Forum  to copy the version and registration information to your clipboard, then you can paste it into your answer.

2. What datum and projection are you using with your CSV file (or CVS if that is really what format you are using)?

Thanks,
    Mykle
  • Mykle said:
    1. What version of Global Mapper are you using? 
    You may be able to use  Help | Global Mapper Forum  to copy the version and registration information to your clipboard, then you can paste it into your answer.

2. What datum and projection are you using with your CSV file (or CVS if that is really what format you are using)?

Thanks,
    Mykle
    Global Mapper v16.1.2 (b021915) [64-bit] [+OTF] [+Lidar] - REGISTERED

The CVS file is UTM 17N.

Thx!

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    I have loaded a CSV file with 400 points using WGS-84, UTM zone 17N.
    I also loaded USA Topo Map coverage just to see where I wound up.
    My points are off the coast (not a surprise), but not very far. 
    These points exported with default settings to a KMZ file with no problems.
    They appear where expected in Google Earth. 

I have looked (briefly) for information about CVS files, but have not found anything.

So, suggest that you download the current version and see if your problem is still present. 

The current version is at:
    http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/products/global-mapper-download.php

The current daily build is at:
    http://data.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/dailybuilds/

If your problem still exists, it looks like we will need the details for the CVS format. 
    Again, I am thinking that "CVS" is a typo, and you mean CSV = comma-separated-values. 

Thanks,
    Mykle