Global Mapper v25.0

How do I change only one aspect of the label's font across multiple points?

Andrew Bevan
Andrew Bevan Global Mapper User
I have a layer containing many points with labels at different angles to each other. I want to change the colour of the label on all of them (at the same time) without changing the angle of the label to the same value for all points.

How do I change the font colour without having to edit points with different angles separately?

Thank you.

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Answer ✓
    I have added feature request 16189 to our task list so we can evaluate adding this functionality to a future version of Global Mapper.
  • bmg_mike
    bmg_mike Global Mapper Guru Moderator, Trusted User
    Answer ✓
    You can actually do this already in the Digitizer Tool. Simply select all of your features with the Digitizer Tool, then right-click and under the Style sub-menu select the option to set the text color. This allows you to choose a new color to assign to the label for all of the selected points.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/
  • Andrew Bevan
    Andrew Bevan Global Mapper User
    bmg_bob - Thank you. I really hope this simple 'feature' will be in future versions of GM. I don't understand why it isn't the default setting.

bmg_mike - I think you have either not understood or not properly read my post. I know how to change the colour of the label. I want be able to change the colour (or any other aspect of the label) without changing the other font settings (specifically the label rotation angle) to the same value for all points.

For example:
    - I have three points.
    - Point 1: angle=0°, Point 2: angle=45°, Point 3: angle=90°
    - I select all three points. Right-click. Edit. Select color (change from black to green/red/blue/whatever). OK.
    - Now the label colour has been changed but the angle for all three points has been set to 0°, which I did not want to happen.