Global Mapper v25.0

Hanging running LOAD_PROJECTION command

Doe
Doe Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited May 2015 in Technical Support
Hi,

I am running Global Mapper v16.1.5 (b042115) [64-bit] - REGISTERED and am trying to load a large project saved in GM v.15. Everything seems to load normally but then the program hangs a 99% where it is "running LOAD_PROJECTION command". I am able to load other projects without having this issue. I've also tried loading an older version of the project but end up with the same issue. I've also tried dropping some data that is extracted from zipped folders without making a difference.

Any suggestions?

Mike

Comments

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited May 2015
    Mike,
    That's a pretty simple command, like:
    LOAD_PROJECTION PROJ_NAME="UTM_ZONE12_NAD83"
    What is yours, and what happens if you open a copy of the workspace without that line?

Otherwise, I'll guess that you will need to send your GMW to the support address that gets mentioned more and more (and the rest of us don't learn from any resolution).

Mykle
  • Doe
    Doe Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited May 2015
    I've solved the problem by opening the project on my old computer that still has GM v.15. I turned off shape files that were open in the last save. I also deleted SRTM data was probably still linked to an internet source. I saved the file and reopened it with GM v.16 which seemed to do the trick.

Are there any updated versions beyond the version I am using (Global Mapper v16.1.5 (b042115) [64-bit] - REGISTERED)?

Mike

Mike
  • Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited May 2015
    I'm running 16.2 (b043015). It looks like updates require a complete setup installation from the downloads page, and they are dated today.

Suggest layers linked to an internet source be downloaded to local files when practical, then reloaded. Saves time and aggravation.
    Mykle
  • Doe
    Doe Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited May 2015
    Hey Mykle,

Thanks. I just loaded GM 16.2 - Seems to be working though I just had an issue with the Quick Point Creator that, when cancelled, causes GM to crash. When reloading the project I noticed that the "running LOAD_PROJECTION command" is still taking a while to load -but it does load in about 15 to 20 seconds. I just filed the crash report for the QPC and noted the apparent delay.

Mike