Global Mapper v25.0

Multi Threading - Creation of RMAP map

bobwills
bobwills Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited January 2015 in Technical Support
Hi,

I am currently on v15.2 (b071514) registered - My current map export to RMAP takes 10 hours (Pure vector data being exported)

When exporting to GeoTIFF I am able to script the export and run multiple sessions (7) that create 7 tiles at a time so I save a great deal of time.

Exporting to RMAP seems to create a new temp folder for each session, so even though I have set the option to not overwrite existing files they do not see each other so no saving is gained.

Is there a way to improve my throughput? Currently each session uses about 13% cpu usage.

Will there be a future update that will help with this?

best regards,

Brian.

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited January 2015
    Hi Brian,

To clarify: are you running your RMAP export using a script?

Unfortunately, at this time we don't have a good way to speed this up, given the temporary folder issue you mention. I have added item #15194 to our task list to address this issue. We will post to this thread when the status of this item changes.

Cheers,

Bob
  • bobwills
    bobwills Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2015
    Actually for the rmap export I am just running it from the application as there doesn't appear to be any benefits by running a script. Or is there something I am missing?

Brian
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited January 2015
    bobwills wrote: »
    Actually for the rmap export I am just running it from the application as there doesn't appear to be any benefits by running a script. Or is there something I am missing?

No. You mentioned using a script for GeoTIFF, so I wondered if you were using one for RMAP also.

Cheers,

Bob
  • bmg_mike
    bmg_mike Global Mapper Guru Moderator, Trusted User
    edited January 2015
    We are working on multi-threading raster and tiled exports right now, so hopefully by the v16.2 release in a few months a single export will be able to take advantage of multiple threads and be much faster.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • bobwills
    bobwills Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2015
    That's good to know, thanks.