Global Mapper v25.0

Map Layout/Presentation Aesthetics

RDockstader
RDockstader Global Mapper User
Aside from controlling font, border, position, etc. of the map legend and scale is there any way to clean up the look of a map? No matter what I do the map looks cheap, for the lack of a better word. I would also like to add our company logo.

Also, when printing or exporting my map to PDF my map legend (its position), and scale seem to re-position themselves. I am aware of the print and export dialogue boxes and I have experimented with various configurations but the map still looks unprofessional. I have experience with other GIS programs including ArcGIS (map aesthetics were beat into us in University) so I know what good map presentation is when I see it.

Comments

• rotoview
    rotoview Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2015
    Hello.
    I also would need a more proffessional look when printing maps.
    I would gladly have a setup to set scale, for example 1:2000 / 1:10000 etc.
    Clients want to know what scale everything is than just the meter scalebar down on the side.

Johan
  • taterjoel
    taterjoel Global Mapper User
    edited February 2015
    I am now using Global Mapper for nearly all of my heavy lifting and exporting products to ArcMap for prettying up. I understand that layout is not the emphasis of this software, but some basic page layout tools would be appreciated and would go a long way toward cutting the ESRI leash.
  • Andy Wizma
    Andy Wizma Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2015
    I'll have to also put my hand up for some improved layout / presentation function: print to scale, wide variety of scale bar types, etc etc. I am also having to post-process outside of GM and it would be great to just have the capability in the one package.

Also, this thread might get more traction if it was put under "Support - Suggestion Box", rather than the GM Website Improvement thread - I doubt any of the GM gurus have seen it all the waaaaaaay down the bottom of the list.
    Andy