Global Mapper v25.0

Copy features

srikanthkp
srikanthkp Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2014 in Technical Support
Hello
How can I copy features created in one file into another ?

Srikanth

Comments

• Sean Bampton
    Sean Bampton Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2014
    Can you be a little more specific with what you're trying to do?
  • srikanthkp
    srikanthkp Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2014
    I have created a .gmw file with line, points, arc features on a dem-imagery. I want to create another file, copy a few of the features from the previous gmw file.

Thanks
    Srikanth
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited September 2014
    Hi Srikanth,
    srikanthkp wrote: »
    I have created a .gmw file with line, points, arc features on a dem-imagery. I want to create another file, copy a few of the features from the previous gmw file.

The simplest way to do this is to select the features in Global Mapper, copy them to the clipboard, and then paste them into your new workspace.

If you think you will need to use the features in more than one workspace, then you can export them to a vector format such as a shapefile.

Cheers,

Bob
  • srikanthkp
    edited September 2014
    Hello,
    Thanks for the input. I don't know how I forgot the simple feature. As a addition to this:
    I have created a set of points using Create New Line using Dist/Brg/COGO Input. I have exported/saved the points to a .csv file. Can I import from the csv file into a new data file ?

Thanks
    Srikanth
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited September 2014
    Hi Srikanth,

Are you trying to import the COGO definitions (saved from the COGO dialog), or the line that was defined?

You can import the COGO line definition using the Load from File... button on the Distance/Bearing/COGO screen.

You can import a CSV using the File->Open Generic ASCII Text File(s)... menu item. You will need to specify information about the location of the coordinate values in the file, and the type of features (points, lines or areas), etc.

Also, what version of Global Mapper are you using?

Cheers,

Bob
  • srikanthkp
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the reply. I am using GM 13

Cheers
    Srikanth
  • sjf
    sjf Global Mapper User

Hi Bob (still there?)

This is an old thread but still usefull: did a copy and paste and it works, BUT...

Some of the attributes in are being rounded: I only see 3 decimals but I had 6... How do I set the level of decimals and or precision and or table width of the indiviual colom of an attributes table?

Is this a bUG, maybe?

Will post this fresh also.

Stefan