Fill Pattern prints solid when PDFd

NeilNeil Global Mapper UserPosts: 29Trusted User
edited April 2015 in Technical Support
Hello

I am having an issue where I have applied a "Backwards Diagonal Cross-Hatch" pattern to a shape, the pattern displays properly on my screen but when i export a PDF it comes in as a solid colour. I have tried playing with my page size, Point symbol & Label scaling, Dpi & exported area size but nothing seems to fix the issue (of not getting the pattern). (attached images "exported" & "on screen")

I don't know if it is related, but when i play with my area style transparency, i dont get any change on the exported PDF (attached images).

Thanks for your time

Comments

• NeilNeil Global Mapper User Posts: 29Trusted User
    edited August 2014
    I should also point out:
    Win 7 Pro, 64 bit
    GM V15.2.3, Build time Jun 6, 2014 13:06:39
  • PShoreyPShorey Global Mapper Developer Posts: 176Moderator, Trusted User
    edited August 2014
    Hi Neil,

We currently have an open ticket (# 13446) on this issue. The PDF library we use does not support custom fill patterns at this time, and there would be a fair body of work required to work around this. However, if there is enough interest in supporting custom fill patterns in PDF exports, we can bump the priority of this enhancement.
    edited August 2014
    Hello
    I am not trying to load custom fill patterns, i am having issues with the fill patterns that come pre-loaded. I am able to modify how the pre-loaded patterns display on my screen (Scale & Transparency), but am unable to have those modifications replicated when i export a PDF. Is that a know bug as well?
    edited August 2014
    Neil,
    Sorry for the confusion; "custom fill pattern" was a bad choice of words on my part. The PDF library only supports solid fill patterns natively. To export any of the other pre-loaded fill patterns to PDF, we would essentially have to mimic the GDI brush/fill operations which are used to render on screen.
    edited August 2014
    Oh, Ok, thanks for your explanations, I guess i'll have to wait for a future release.
  • Joel GillJoel Gill Global Mapper User Posts: 14Trusted User
    edited April 2015
    Hello, is there some new on this topic ? Would be a good thing to support custom fill pattern when creating a geopdf.
    edited April 2015
    Nope, All hatches will print a solid colour, no matter how they display on your screen.
    edited April 2015
    Sorry, we still have an open ticket on this one (#13446). We're hoping our PDF library vender will add this functionality at some point. Until then, there is a workaround you might try:
    http://www.globalmapperforum.com/forums/bug-report/11265-graphical-error-exporting-pdf.html
  • Joel GillJoel Gill Global Mapper User Posts: 14Trusted User
    edited April 2015
    Great ! Works perfectly !